[Job Opening - Jean Monnet EU Centre of Excellence]
Jean Monnet EU Centre of Excellence, established in 2014, has strived to promote interest in European studies. Our mission is to narrow the perception gaps in EU-Korea relations and contribute to EU studies in South Korea. To this end, the Centre has been pursuing two research projects from 2019 to 2022. The first project, called the Centre of Excellence Project (referred to as the ‘CoE’ project), aims to promote interest in EU studies in Korea University. We have hosted special lectures and academic essay contests and offered summer school programs every year through this project. The second one is called the Strategies for Promoting Europe-Asia Connectivity Network Project (referred to as the ‘SPEAC’ project). In this project, we have been studying EU-Asia Connectivity with renowned EU scholars from five different countries (South Korea, Germany, Sweden, Singapore, Poland).
The Centre is looking for new project assistants who can work with us on our two projects. We are seeking someone hard-working, enthusiastic, and motivated. The positions are open to applicants from students studying in KUGSIS.
· Job Information
- Title: Project assistant
- 2 persons (1 for CoE project, 1 for SPEAC project)
- Duration: 1 year (September 2021~August 2022)
- Part time/flexible work schedule
- Working hours: 2.5 days/week for the CoE assistant, 2 days/week for the SPEAC assistant
- Stipend: Will be notified later
- Starting Date: September 1st, 2021
· Preferred Qualifications
- Citizenship: Korean only
- Educational background: Postgraduate students (Master and Doctorates in KUGSIS): registered, on-leave, recent graduates
- Above-average level of written/verbal communication in English
- Support EU Centre activities (special lectures, seminars, and other managerial issues)
- Research Data Collection
· How to Apply
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11th .
1) Two copies of your CV(one written in English and the other in Korean)
2) A single-page cover letter(written in English)
3) A Proof of Enrollment statement (available at the school registrar)
4) An academic transcript (undergraduate transcript for freshmen applicants)
Please reach out to us via the aforementioned email address if you have any questions regarding this job opening. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. We are looking forward to your application.
● 지원 자격/선발 인원
- 내국인, 학부 혹은 대학원(석·박사) 재학, 휴학생 및 졸업생 가능
- 선발 인원: 총 2명 (CoE 프로젝트 조교 1명, SPEAC 프로젝트 조교 1명)
- 기간: 1년 (2021년 9월~2022년 8월)
● 담당 주요 업무
- 센터 행정 업무 보조
- 데이터 수집
- 기타 연구 보조 활동
- CoE 조교: 주 2.5일 / SPEAC 조교: 주 2일
· 지원 방법
- 지원 희망자는 8월 11일(수) 까지cover letter (영문)와 CV (국/영문), 재학증명서, 성적증명서를 이메일(email@example.com)로 보내주시기 바랍니다. 신입생일 경우, 학부 성적증명서로 대체 가능합니다. 지원 시 반드시 연락처를 표기해주시기 바랍니다.
- 면접 대상자에 한하여 개별 연락을 드릴 예정입니다.
- 그 밖의 문의사항은 EU 센터에 문의 바랍니다 (firstname.lastname@example.org).