KU GSIS selects nominees for student Exchange/Dual Degree program in Spring 2022 as below.
▶Exchange program institutions: American University
1. Guideline of Exchange/Dual Degree Program:
1) SIS Exchange Guide AY2021-22 [Attachment 1]
2) SIS DMDP Guide 2021-2022 [Attachment 2]
2. Documents to submit:
1) CV(curriculum vitae)
2) Application(the form is below, including Statement of Purpose
: MS word 2-3 pages) [Attachment 3]
3) Valid English Language Test Score Reports (Original)
This requirement can be waived if you hold a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university where English is the only language of instruction and is also the official language of the country where the university is based. In this case, please submit the copy of the diploma of your bachelor's degree.
4) KU GSIS official transcript (Original)
(For freshman, submit the transcript of undergraduate school.)
3. Submission Period:
- Exchange Program: September 16(Thu.)~September 23(Thu.) 16:00, 2021
- Dual Masters Degree Program(DMDP): September 23(Thu.)~October 6(Wed.) 16:00, 2021
* Please submit all the original documents to the GSIS Administration Office in person or by post.
(If you are studying abroad at the moment, please submit the documents by email, but we need to verify the authenticity of all the document.)
4. Interview: schedule will be sent individually by email.
5. Result announcement: TBA
* Applicants nominated by KU GSIS are normally accepted by the host institution, but the host institution retains the right to review these students and to make the final decision concerning their admission. Lack of availability, capacity or any other circumstance at the host institutions may result in denial of qualified applicants.
* Please note that the student should be enrolled and study at KU in the first and last semester, and determine the time to graduate in advance.
* Any scholarship fellows who are funded by other origination such as POSCO, Pony Chung, NIIED, KOICA etc. to study here at Korea cannot apply for an exchange/dual degree programs.
* After completing an exchange/dual program and getting back to KU GSIS, students will not be eligible for the academic scholarship in coming semester because grade earned at a host university cannot be evaluated in terms of the condition of KU Scholarship, which means students cannot get KU scholarship based on grades earned during the exchange period. (In case of dual degree program, from their 2nd semester at the host University to their returning semester to KU GSIS)