※ 학칙 제4장 제35조(융합전공), 학사운영규정 제6장 제2절 제2관(융합전공), 융합전공 운영 지침 재학기간 중 제1전공을 이수하면서 2개 이상의 학과(부) 및 학문 분야를 결합하거나 주제들을 중심으로 연결한 전공의 최소 이수학점(36-81학점) 이상을 이수한 자에게 제2전공을 인정하여 졸업시 2개의 학위를 수여하는 제도
가. 해당 주관대학(부) 및 융합전공 협의회에서 지원자 중 수학능력 및 교육환경을 고려하여 선발함.
나. 서류심사 성적은 직전 학기까지 모든 수강과목의 총 평점평균(F포함)을 반영함.
가. 학칙 제35조에 의하여 융합전공을 하려는 자는 3학기부터(전공 미배정자 신청불가)
소정기간에 융합전공을 신청할 수 있음.(합격 발표 후에 휴학(학기 중 휴학)하였을
경우에도 불합격 처리됨)
<당해 학기 재학생의 재학 보유기간: 1학기(3.1.~7.31.), 2학기(9.1.~익년 1.28.)>
<융합전공 신청학기에 휴학 불가이며 진입학기(다음 학기)에는 휴학 가능>
나. 편입생은 본교에서 한 학기 이상 이수 후 신청가능
다. 휴학생은 신청불가
라. 융합(이중)전공 기합격자 및 공학인증 신청자는 제외함.
단, 제2전공(공학인증 신청자 포함) 기합격자가 재지원을 위해 포기원을 제출할 경우
반드시 2021년 4월 10일 (토) 16시까지 포기신청이 완료된 자에 한함.
3. 신청기간: 2021년 4월 12일(월) 10:00 ~ 4월 14일(수) 17:00
가. 포탈(KUPID)-학적/졸업-학적사항-융합전공 신청(반드시 임시저장 후 최종제출 클릭)
나. 학업계획서: 지원동기/관심분야or관심과목/학업계획/기타(항목당 1,000자 이내 작성)
가. 04학번부터 제2전공 의무화에 따라 제1전공의 심화전공, 이중전공, 유합전공,
학생설계전공 중 하나를 반드시 이수하여야 함. 단, 학사편입생은 제2전공 이수가
나. 제2전공 기합격자 중 재지원을 위하여 합격되었던 전공을 포기하고 재신청할 경우
신청의 기회는 1회에 한하며, 만약 불합격할 경우 제1전공의 심화전공을 이수하여야 함.
다. 제1전공의 심화전공은 기존의 단일전공제와 유사함.
라. 당해 학기 실시되는 제2전공 전형 합격자는 지원자격 조건을 해당 학기까지 유지하고,
소정의 절차(정규학기 등록, 이수학점 인정, 이수과목 등록, 수강신청 등)을 거친 후
합격한 다음 학기부터 제2전공을 이수할 수 있는 자격을 갖게 됨.
마. 금융공학 융합전공은 서울캠퍼스 재학생에 한하여 지원 가능
바. 융합전공 교과목 중 '법학'과 관련 있는 융합전공은 법학전문대학원에서 개설 주최함.
(사회규범과 행정, 인문학과 정의, 공공거버넌스와 리더십, 소프트웨어벤처, 융합보안,
정보보호, 의료인문학 등)
사. 이수학점 및 지정교과목은 해당 융합전공 주관 대학(부) 행정실로 문의
6. 합격발표: 2021년 5월 14일(금) 17:00 예정(포탈(KUPID)-게시판-공지사항-학사일정)
2021. 3. 31.
Guidelines on Applying for Interdisciplinary Major, 2021-2
Under University Constitution and Regulations in Chapter 4, section3, Article 35(Interdisciplinary Major) & Academic Operations Regulation Chapter6, Section2, Article2 & Guideline for Interdisciplinary Major
The Interdisciplinary Major is an undergraduate degree program that combines or integrates 2 or more degree courses which may be established and managed upon satisfying the graduation requirements of 36~81 credits for the 1st major. Interdisciplinary Major is conferred with the bachelor’s degree of 2 majors from the list stated below.
I. Application Information
1. Application Process
Applications are reviewed by the interdisciplinary major council and each department/school that applicants belong to. Applicants’ overall GPA (including F grade) is taken into consideration.
2. Application Period
1) Application Period: April 12, 2021 (Mon) 10:00 ~ April 14, 2021 (Wed) 17:00
2) Online application at KU Portal -> Registration & Graduation -> Interdisciplinary Courses
3. Announcement of Successful Applicants
1) Date: May 14, 2021 (Fri) after 17:00 (To Be Confirmed)
2) Please go to KU Portal -> Bulletin -> Notice -> Undergraduate Schedule
1) The mandatory regulation of completing a second major is applied to students entering from 2004 onward. Student subject to this regulation must complete one of the followings; 1) intensive major course of first major 2)double major 3) interdisciplinary major 4)student-designed major. (Applicant who is transferred with a bachelor’s degree can choose not to complete a second major.
2) Students who withdraw second major program before applying for the interdisciplinary major and fail to enter this program should take an intensive course of the first major.
3) Intensive major course of 1st major assumes a similar form to the existing single major system.
4) Among successful applicants, those only who retain the eligibility conditions during the application semester (ie. Registration, approval of pre-taken courses, designation of independent major courses, course-registration) will be accepted to pursue Interdisciplinary Major from the following semester. However, those who take a leave of absence during the application semester will be allowed to apply for other second majors for once according to section ①, ② of Article 104 of the Korea University Academic Regulations.
5) Any application to “Bachelor of Financial Engineering” is limited to Seoul-Campus students.
6) Eliminated interdisciplinary major: Social Welfare, Science and Technology Studies, Medical Science
7) Any questions related to the curriculum and graduation requirements should contact the relevant department or college.
II. Basic Information for Application
① Under the Constitution and Academic Regulations of Korea University, Article 35, applicants should have registered for more than three semesters(those whose first major have not been designated are ineligible) are eligible to apply for interdisciplinary major.
*students who are on leave of absence at the time of (or during the application period) will be disqualified even after being announced as successful applicants.
② Transfer students can apply after completing a minimum of one semester at Korea University.
③ Students on leave of absence are not eligible to apply.
④ Students who are already in the interdisciplinary major program are ineligible to apply. Also students who are pursuing a double major or engineering authentication certificate program are ineligible to apply unless students withdraw from the program before April 10, 2021 (Sat).
2. Application Scope and Curriculum
① All undergraduate students including transfer students can apply for this program.
② Students can not pursue Interdisciplinary major as their 1st major and it should not also be considered as a minor.
3. Standard of Approval
The total number of students, selection criterion and standard of approval will be determined by the Interdisciplinary Major Council.
4. Application Process
① Applicants for Interdisciplinary Major program should obtain the permission of the university president after adhering to certain selection procedure.
② Details of selection procedure mentioned in 1 shall be set forth separately in interdisciplinary major council.
5. Credit completion and approval
① The method of completing interdisciplinary major shall be determined by each major’s curriculum regulations.
② Students majoring in this program shall complete the minimum of 36 credits or more (의과학 44 or above, 소프트웨어벤처, 사회복지 42 credits or above)
③ Interdisciplinary major courses which students have already completed before the approval of the application shall be approved as Interdisciplinary major credits.
④ Courses completed for interdisciplinary major cannot be approved as first major, minor, or dual degree. However, 6 credits out of 36 credits earned for this program can be approved as 1st major credits except for History of Medicine & Medical Humanities major.
6. Withdrawal from the Interdisciplinary Major
① Students entering Korea University before 2003; Those who intend on withdrawing from the interdisciplinary major and graduate only with single major should submit a request for a withdrawal at least one month before the end of the semester( by January 20th or July 20th) and complete the graduation requirements of their single major.
② Students entering from 2004 onwards; Those who withdraw from interdisciplinary major should take another second major
(or intensive major) under Academic Operations Regulation Article 56.
③ Students who would like to cancel the acceptance to interdisciplinary major and apply for other second major must complete withdrawal procedure within the designated period (will be informed on the notice of their preferred second major). Re-application to the interdisciplinary major can only be accepted once.
④ Courses taken for the interdisciplinary major shall be classified as general electives if a student withdraws from it.
7. Graduation Requirements
① The interdisciplinary major council is responsible for reviewing the eligibility of students’ graduation.
② The academic department that is responsible for the interdisciplinary major shall review the eligibility of students’ graduation and notify the results to each of 1st major department.
③ Students pursuing an interdisciplinary major may graduate only upon satisfying the graduation requirements of both 1st and interdisciplinary majors.
8. Degree Conferral
Upon satisfying the graduation requirements for both 1st and interdisciplinary major, students shall be conferred with the bachelor’s degree of each major.
Interdisciplinary major degree shall be transcribed on each certificate as follows;
① Certificate of Student Status: 1st and interdisciplinary Major
② Academic Transcript: 1st and interdisciplinary major
③ Certificate of Graduation: 1st and interdisciplinary major