K-ETA is an electronic travel authorization that visa-free foreign visitors need to obtain before entering the Republic of Korea, by submitting relevant information online such as their travel information.
Thus, to apply for a visa after entering Korea as a visa waiver country citizen or a visa-free country citizen, you must apply for K-ETA before entering Korea.
1) How to apply: You can apply for K-ETA on the K-ETA official website (www.k-eta.go.kr) or mobile App (K-ETA).
The applicant can receive the result by email, within 24 hours after completing the K-ETA application.
2) Period of validity: The validity period of a K-ETA is 2 years from the date of approval.
3) Fee: 10,000 KRW (additional fee excluded)
※ Unable to enter the Republic of Korea without K-ETA
※ During the pilot operation period (2021.05.03. - 2021.08.31.), you may enter Korea without having K-ETA, and the fee is waived.
※ Due to the COVID-19 situation, 91 countries/regions out of 112 countries/regions whose nationals are required for K-ETA have been suspended visa-free entry.
The following are the 21 K-ETA eligible countries and regions:
Please refer to the links below for more details:
1) Notice from Ministry of Justice Information>What's new(immigration.go.kr)
2) K-ETA Application website Korea Electronic Travel Authorization website > K-ETA
3) List of 112 countries (Q2) Notice>FAQ>K-ETA